If you're like I was and don't know, a character interview is a way to help your characters come to life and be real. It's a great way to get to know them. It's exactly as it sounds. You actually "ask" your character questions. Some good questions could be:
- What do you do for a living?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Tell me about your parents?
I read many character interviews and interview questionnaires. I came up with my own template to interview my characters. It has helped me to develop the story and go more in depth in their pasts. Here are some interesting points I found in my interviews for my story.
2. What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?
That I really do care about them. I have a heart for people even though sometimes I don’t show it.
3. What do you prefer as gifts from your date?
2. What’s your worst quality?I grew up with both parents until I was 3. My dad died then of a drug overdose. When I was 4, my mom met Jake and he moved in immediately. They were married a couple weeks later. I was basically raised, if you could call it that, by my mom and Jake.
My impatience! It gets me in trouble a lot!
My mom to change her life and find God.
I hope you liked this little snippet of character info from my story. My characters have rich pasts, rocky roads and caring hearts. It should make for an interesting time.
Flowers would be nice. As much as I like getting stuff though, if he respected me, that would be a gift in itself.
I’m not shy! Anything but! I love going out and having fun. I like to pick the place we’re going to hang out at. I have a lot of friends, but Carrie [heroine's niece] is my best! I figure one day I will have to grow up, but who says it has to be now?