Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inspiration

Yesterday, in the paper, there was an inspiring story about a new local author.  Her first book is being published online.  The genre she writes in is paranormal romance, which is not my thing at all, but to know that there’s another woman locally who is just starting out on her author’s path is very inspiring.  It really gives me hope that one day that can be me.  I visited her blog and will start following her successes in the world of books.  It's so exciting!

My other inspiration over this past weekend, came when I wasn’t feeling too hot.  It's amazing that it could happen when you're under the weather.  Other than one small outing to church on Saturday night, I was confined to the couch or bed.  So, I had to find something to do.  It was a perfect opportunity to work on my book.  I was able to get quite a bit done on the first chapter.  It’s almost finished and I’m really excited to get that far.  In the past, I’ve written complete chapters and even complete shorts; but not to this professionalism (at least I hope).  So, I’m very excited and it has inspired me to write more.  It was nice to know that even during my time of not being able to do much, I was actually able to accomplish quite a bit.

Between these two events, I’m very excited about the future and what it may hold.  I just know that one day, that newspaper article will be about my new book being published.  I can’t wait!

P.S.  On the way to work this morning, another idea came to me, too!  So, I will add it to my idea log.  This one was a teen theme and is inspired by events from my school years.

No comments: