Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are You Critiquing My Work?

Right now I have run across the opportunity to have a Critic Partner.  A CP is something new to me.  After reading the books I have on writing, I knew I would need to find a group or partner to help me along.

Years ago, I joined an online group that offered the opportunity to have your work critiqued. It was not a Christian group, which was quite an obstacle.  After submitting a few flash shorts, I received some hateful comments that weren’t at all helpful in furthering my work.  I decided to move away from this group since it wasn’t healthy critiquing. 

I haven’t been sure about how to go about finding a critic group and/or partner.  Most of those that meet at the local library are a mix of genres.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but I would like them to be Christian.  I want feedback from another Christian on my work and I don’t really want to read things that aren’t in a genre I prefer.  If I do, I worry that my critique wouldn't be fair to the other person.

Recently I ran across another author requesting a CP.  So, I responded and now I’m in prayer over if this is the right person and situation for me.  First, I’m going to send off my first chapter to her to see how it goes.  I guess we’ll find out if it’s right for us or not.  I’ll keep you posted on this new and exciting opportunity.

1 comment:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Cindy, I'm smiling at this post!

May God guide us both on this journey, and His will be followed!