Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Genesis Contest

Right now, many authors are waiting these last few days to hear if they are moving on to the next round in the Genesis Contest.  The Genesis Contest is held by the ACFW every year for unpublished authors.  It’s a great way to get your work into the hands of experienced authors and/or judges.  Even if your work does not make it far, you will receive helpful comments and critique on your work.  This is a fantastic opportunity for any author.

So, this is my next goal.  Complete my manuscript for the 2012 Genesis Contest.  Wow!  I did it and put it out there in writing.  I feel that this is the next step in achieving my dream of being published.  Even though I have never completed a manuscript of this scale or professionalism, I know it can be done.  So, let’s hope that the remaining chapters don’t take as long as the first.  I only have until Feb-Mar to complete it.

One of the cool things that ACFW does for the contest is to make a judging sheet available.  What a great resource (or checklist) to see if your work contains the required elements.  It will be a wonderful guide while I work on my novel.

I have to stop and say that I’m just in a moment of amazement.  When I started this journey just over a year ago, I never imagined I would be at the place I am now.  I’m still a long way from publication, but so far from the beginning.  It’s unbelievable to me to even say the words that I want to submit my work for a competition.  It has been a dream of mine for so long that I just feel amazingly blessed right now that it's getting closer.  God is so amazing and is opening this up for me.  For that, among so many other things, I’m am extremely thankful.  I hope that I’m able to spread His love through my writing.

And I’m so excited that I will be able to share this all with you.

1 comment:

Jenna V said...

Awesome post, Cindy! I know that God will bless your efforts and bring you to a new place as an instrument of His love.