Monday, April 4, 2011

"A Little Bit of Everything" Weekend

This past weekend had a lot going on.  Friday was my great-niece’s 2nd birthday.  We enjoyed getting together with family to celebrate this special day.  On Saturday my parents celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary.  It’s such a blessing to have both of my parents still with me and enjoying so many years together.  On Sunday, my son’s preschool class sang for the church that hosts the school.  The 4 year old class joined them and it was such a treat.  All of his grandparents were able to join us.  Then to top it off, today is my brother-in-law’s birthday.  All the while, trying to fit cleaning and chores into the bunch.

And it doesn’t stop there!  April is really busy for us.  At the end of the week is my other brother-in-law’s birthday.  Then right after Easter, my son will turn 4.  It’s safe to say that we have very little spare time during this beautiful, spring month.

Even with everything going on, Saturday I was able to carve out a couple hours to devote to the wonderful world of a wannabe author.  I read through the critique of my first chapter (again) and it was great.  There were points that need worked on and encouragement for those that didn’t.  I’m very thankful for the CP that God has sent my way.  I’m excited to get working on some of the suggestions.  However, I still would like to find at least 1 or 2 other CPs.  I feel it is important to have viewpoints from a couple sources.  So, if anyone is interested, please let me know.

I also looked for a domain, just in case I want to venture out into creating my own website.  Unfortunately, the one I want was bought by a company to resell at a ridiculously high price.  And it’s just my name – nothing special.  I searched for another with my shortened name… taken.  Finally, I found one that could work.  Hopefully it stays open for a while.  I’m just not ready yet to take that step.

Next, I mulled over the idea to start tweeting.  I know I’m probably behind in the times on this one, but it has never interested me much.  However, I know it can be important with connecting with other fans of fiction.  So, I do see myself delving into this in the next month or so.  We’ll see.

The remainder of the time was spent studying some information on writing, the various avenues of social networking for authors and looking around on eharlequin.com, the Steeple Hill Love Inspired site.  Even though I didn’t accomplish any writing (or re-writing), it was very productive.

My next step will be to focus on the review of my CP’s work.  I pray that I do a good job for her and bring some good insight to her work.  I’m a newbie at this, but I love reading and know that I can be of some help and hope to improve over time.  I want to be as much help to my CP partner as she is to me.

1 comment:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Popped over to see how you're doing, Cindy. You are a busy bee this April!

I'll be praying for you to find other CP's too. You gain such valuable insite when you have a few to work with that have strengths in different areas.

And know that you have a lot to offer as CP yourself!!! You're much appreciated!

And know that you have a lot to offer as a CP y